Friday, February 10, 2012

little bird


I arrived home last night feeling too tired to hook, and too tired to blog....but I managed to needle-felt this little bird onto a sweater before I sought out my nest on the couch.


The sweater was one of those 'too-good-to-be-true' deals, regular $98 or something on clearance for about $12 at Banana Republic. I didn't notice the hole until after I'd tried it on – and I'm not in the habit of buying defective clothes – but the sweater has some great rouching (sp?) up the sides and I really liked the fit...and it was a really great price! Plus, I already knew how I could fix up the hole so that no-one knew it was there.....


I like the simplicity of just one bird, but I can't help but wonder how it would look (and whether or not I would wear it as much) with a little branch underneath the bird. Maybe a couple of leaves, a flower bud, or else just something down at the bottom of the sweater. But before I decide, I'm going to 'test drive' the sweater a couple of times first, to see how the little bird wears. Starting today - I'm meeting a friend for lunch! :-)
-------------------------
P.S. I'll be back tonight with my Friday list of fun things....