Monday, January 19, 2009

facebook for hookers

Several other people have been blogging about the new on-line rug hooking communities...and so I just wanted to weigh in with my two cents. I've been having a lot of fun exploring both sites over the last couple of days and weeks, and checking out some of the features. So far I feel like I've only just skimmed the surface, but I'm feeling very excited about the possibilities. I just wish there were more hours in the day...

If you haven't already joined up...I encourage you to do so. You can participate as much or as little as you like...but I'm pretty confident that you'll have a hard time closing the lid on your laptop or pulling yourself away from your monitor, once you join in the fun. The format is very user friendly and it's a great way to connect with other rug hookers and reconnect with those you've met before, but rarely see. Photos of rugs...discussions about rug hooking....what more can you ask for?

The Welcome Mat
Rug Hooking Daily