Monday, January 05, 2009

M.P. by O.P.

(my patterns by other people)

I've been busy cleaning up my e-mail inbox over the last couple of days, following my hiatus over the holidays (and I am very close to being back down to zero...hip hip horray!)

I always love it when people send me photos of their completed projects. It's always interesting to see how people interpret the instructions, choose colours, make modifications, etc. (yes, this is your engraved invitation to keep them headed my way - and don't worry, I always ask permission before I post them ;-) )

First up is the very first stocking I've seen that wasn't hooked by either AJ or I - and, as far as I know, it's the first one finished following the workshop at the beginning of December. Gwen had it all hooked and sewn in less than 10 days, and she is committed to adding some more detail in her next one. I think she did a great job for her first attempt.


When I was in Nova Scotia this Fall, I had the pleasure of a face-to-face encounter with someone that I had already met in cyberspace. Val lives in sunny California and sent me a picture just before Christmas of her completed Two Owls purse. I think it looks great - and not just because there is no snow in the background - I love the colours she's chosen. She mentioned in her e-mail that the picture isn't quite true to life...but I'm looking forward to seeing it with my own eyes in October, when we meet again in Nova Scotia ;-)



:::::::::::::::::::

I also wanted to say a heartfelt thank you for all of the kind words and comments about Uncle Bob, both left on the blog and sent privately. I will be printing them all off in the coming days and taking them over to share with AJ. If you're interested, you can read his obituary here.