Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Fabulousness and Favourites

I'm waking up in Toronto this morning....but truth be told, I wrote this on Wednesday night, before I left :-) Hope you have a great weekend. Me, I'll be (hopefully) hooking up a storm, in an attempt to play catch-up from a lazy, sleepy start to the week.

:: Does your favourite sweater have a little snag or hole? Don't despair....check this out this tutorial on making a needle-felted patch instead. I think it's genius! Oh, the possibilities....

:: If you like doing your own nails, and want to do a bit of fun colour polish.... Step-by-step gradient manicure instructions here. It's like each nail is a different piece of the same swatch...

:: I love clothes that you can wear more than one way....and the more different ways, the better IMHO. Last spring I discovered the Origami and it's been a wardrobe staple ever since (cool video showing some of the many different ways you can wear it here). Last weekend I discovered a new clothing line called {r}evolution apparel, focusing on comfortable, versatile, fairtrade, sustainable clothing. They're just getting up and running this Spring, but you can pre-order their first piece: The Versalette. I will be sure to share more first hand reviews once mine arrives in April (I finally settled on Aluminum).

:: Rug Hooking Magazine has a new on-line e-zine called Rug Beat. I haven't subscribed yet, but it's on my list of things to do...and hopefully that happens this weekend. If you want to read some first hand accounts in the meantime, check out April's blog or Woolly Mammoth.

:: Some great things made with wool here. Sadly no hooked rugs, but I do love the necklace!