Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New knitting project

Although I wasn't really planning on doing any more knitting until Jumbo is done, I realized the other day that I need to have a portable project to bring along with me on my many travels over the next several weeks. I didn't really have enough yarn in my stash for a suitable project, so I visited Elaine's neighborhood yarn shop yesterday afternoon. After some deliberation, came home with almost enough Malabrigo Twist to knit another Veera sweater. Not that I'm really keeping track, but this will be my fourth project using one of her patterns. I can't say enough good things about them.....and the great fit success (after a sea of failures from various other designers) makes me hesitant to try anything else. The goods news is that there are still more of her patterns that I'd love to knit, and she seems to be designing new ones all of the time....so there is no end in sight :-D

I knit my swatches last night, and today I am going to start on the actual sweater. But first, I need to go and try to figure out how to do a "provisional cast on"...